Monday, October 22, 2007

Rounding third base...

I'm on my last pair of Holiday socks!


It's Opal Elemente, very nifty yarn. And in the background, I wanted to show you all Mr. Ninja's FO for the summer - Mr. Munchkin's pirate ship treehouse. My handyman did *real* good. It's got a ship's wheel, a rope ladder, a couple of cannons - one of which actually has an acorn shooting mechanism built in - and a periscope. And it's also got a proudly Canadian flag at the stern. (I think it's the stern...nautical terms get me confused.)

So, I have this pair of socks to get done, and then a hat for my lovely Mum. Thank goodness for CSI marathons on Spike - I've also been knitting and watching all of the bad Hallowe'en type movies that have been airing on tv lately...who knew that there were THAT many of them out there? Holy crap, was Van Helsing ever a mess of a movie. Tragic waste of Hugh Jackman's abs if ever there was one.

Anyway. A hat! My Mum decided that she'd much rather have a silk hat than silk stockings, so I'm off to the LYS today to scout out some Artyarns Regal. I hope Tangled Skeins still has some nice colours left. Last night, I was scouring Ravelry for hat patterns and happily contemplating knitterly freedom from holiday knits...when the baby kicked my spleen. Really hard. Looks like someone wants a handknit layette. Gah.

4 comments:

Marti said...

So jealous of the tree house. Oh how I would love to live in a tree.

Steph said...

Nice job with the almost finished holiday knits!

Baby Black Belt is really pressing his/her case for handknits, isn't s/he?

La Cabeza Grande said...

That *is* a great tree house! Nice job on the sock too.

Good luck with Black Belt Baby (thanks, steph)!

lulubelle said...

um...can I come over to play in your treehouse?