Monday, July 30, 2007

Instant Gratification.

So, I have been at loose ends for the past few days - my Mum is up visiting, and has absconded with Mr. Munchkin every day around 8 am for the past week or so. (She wants me to rest and keep my strength up. Lovely woman, that. I know why she's so worried about me - and to be honest, I'm kinda worried about the same thing - but at the same time, I miss the company of my little boy.) Needless to say, this has given me oodles of spare time in which to nap, and craft.

I vaguely remembered today that since the Yarn Harlot is visiting, hats would be collected for a charitable cause. At least, I think so. That's been what's happening at the other locations on her tour, so...anyhow, my fingers have been itching to do something (fyi, spinning on a hot, humid day is so not a good idea. The resultant fluff that covers you leaves something to be desired re: the whole cooling-oneself-down situation.) so I knit a quickie project.

Based off the Harlot's own Ken's Duulan Hat pattern, with a few adjustments. Pom-pom instead of an i-cord knot, and it's much deeper to accomodate the dampness of Nova Scotia winter. Knit with 3 strands of ghetto Malabrigo (2 beige, 1 variegated in pink/purples), this baby took me about an hour to make from cast-on to pom-pom attachment. I tried knitting directly from the pattern without adjustments, but clearly I have gauge issues, as the resulting hat (while very cute) is size-appropriate for a 6 year old. So I have two hats to bring with me. Ninja representing, yo.

Next up, a sewn bag to house my Sockapalooza pal's gift package. Judging from her blog, she seems to like luxe yarns...I'm willing to bet that she'd like a silk project bag.

4 comments:

jlmack said...

love the hat! If I send you a hat, could you take it to the Yarn Harlot for me, please? I don't think I'll get home for the tour. Boo.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you... you're going to be fine.

Anonymous said...

Hey, new look! I like it.

Hmm, I should do some dulaan knitting on the car ride to Fundy park this weekend...

La Cabeza Grande said...

Ghetto Malabrigo? Heh! I had the same sizing issues with my Dulaan hats. I just boxed 'em up and hoped for the best.

Steph said...

OMG PONIES! Hands down, best Ninja photo ever. Is it inappropriate to say you look like anime?