Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Knitting = Deaf?

What is with the number of people who make this assumption? In the past week, I've had two separate incidents of me happily knitting away in public and people commenting LOUDLY about that fact, as if the act of knitting renders me deaf. It's just bizarre. While the commentary wasn't offensive in and of itself...the very act of assuming that I can't hear what they're saying about me is rather rude, dontcha think?

It's been a busy week (hand's all better, thanks), as we had the 20 week ultrasound last Wednesday. Still don't know the baby's gender, but there were two arms, two legs, etc. So far so good. And ever since then, the baby has really started moving. I have a future kickboxing star on my hands, methinks. At least my poor insides feel that way...


As for crafting - made an emergency pair of mittens for Mr. Munchkin (holy crap, when did it get so cold in the mornings), finished spinning up some more BFL (Berry colourway from the Sweet Sheep), and completed another pair of Christmas socks. But I'm a little cheesed with these socks (Trekking Pro Natura - lovely bamboo to work with), as I've cast them off two times and yet the binding is WAY too rigid. I've tried casting off with larger needles twice (upping the ante each time), and that didn't work. So, I'm going to have to rip them back and try one of the methods listed here. Grr...

So far, am debating what to start knitting next. Hanami? Or the last of the adult sized socks? Hmmm.

3 comments:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, I've had recent experience with socks gone bad! Give them a much-needed timeout. Concentrate on something that's just for you - especially if it's to be Hanami!

Anonymous said...

Sewn cast off is a good one (EZ recommended!), stretchy, but mindless to do.

HANAMI! God I love that shawl. I lust over it on a semi-regular basis.

Steph said...

Knitting = deaf is slightly better than knitting = grandma.

Love the mitts.

Back to conference land.