Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nebula revealed.

I finished spinning Nebula last night. This yarn was SO much fun to spin. I would be going along, drafting and then all of a sudden, a gigantic slub of blue silk would appear. Or, I'd be just about to spin a bunch of silk, and it would be consumed by some black merino. It was like watching the birth and the death of galaxies. So cool.

Today, I tried a test ply...and didn't like it at all.


The two plies seemed to be cancelling out the prettiness, and making the whole yarn kinda greenish. So I'm setting the twist and calling it done as a single ply, lace weight. I'm already planning to use this for a spectacular shawl. Just need a pattern. The skein has about 880 yards, so it's enough for something really cool, I hope.


I just can't seem to get a good photo of this yarn - it's so pretty IRL. And it's a good thing that I finished Nebula last night, 'cause my Crown Mountain Farms order arrived today! One of the co-ops I'm in does an annual order from CMF, and every time I order some...I wish I'd ordered more. Check these out.


BFL and superwash merino. Hooray for sunshine! Hooray for pretty yarn! Hooray for sheep!

4 comments:

lulubelle said...

Pretty!

Is it soft too? It looks like it's soft...

Makes me want to figure out what I want to make with the wool/silk I got from you in the swap...

Cali said...

Wow! So much yarn! So many pretty colours. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Wow the yarn that you died sounds great. The picture doesn't seem to do it justice. I can imagine that in person it would be amazing!

Steph said...

Hooray for sheep from the woman who serves lamb to guests*.

Weird.

Love the yarn.

Love the fleece.

*guests who eat it and declare it good. It seems so counterproductive for knitters to eat lamb.

jak said...

Nebula - looks beautiful!!! Like the night sky - Love it!