Saturday, May 17, 2008

Well, I'll be...

Overheard earlier today:

Mr. Ninja: "Why's this clone trooper hiding behind the desk? With his head turned backwards?"
Mr. Munchkin, with a huge eyeroll: "Jedi Mind Trick. Duh."

Anyway. Mr. Munchkin and I were amusing ourselves yesterday with kool-aid and fiber. I set him up with some undyed sock yarn and let him loose. I'll show you the results later, the skeins are still drying. At the end, there was still some dye kicking around, so I shrugged and dumped it all into a pot with a bunch of superwash merino roving. I wasn't expecting much as it was orange, red and purple - definitely not my first choice of colours. This is what I got:

I sighed a little when I was waiting for it to dry and figured that since it wasn't really hitting a sweet spot for me, I would use it to practice my long draw technique with. Well, lo and behold:

I lurrrrve it. Can't wait to see what it becomes. Meanwhile, I've also been spinning some of the BFL that I got from Crown Mountain Farms - the Novalis colourway has been calling my name.

And yet somehow, I'm not nearly as entranced with the actual singles.

I'm not sure that I'm going to like the barberpole effect with these colours. I find it weird how different the two yarns are from what I was expecting, but it just goes to show that it does pay to push yourself out of a rut every once in awhile.

I'm a little bummed at the moment - I lost one of my WIPs and the lovely project bag that Lesley made for me while I was pregnant. So if you're walking around Fisherman's Cove and see a lonely bag of knitting, drop me a note eh?

Baby pic of the day:

Fear the Stormpooper.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Oh man. I always thought the baby was on the side of the Rebel Alliance. I didn't realise she had turned to the dark side of the Force.

AmyJ said...

I had to read the star wars references to DH. And even he laughed, that's saying something.

Beware the stormpooper. Speaking of... E just dropped a dooce. Great chance to practice that baby sign.

Steph said...

Heh heh... So young to be on the dark side.

lulubelle said...

Oooh that spinning is so pretty!

Is it weird that my first thought when I read this was I want to go to Fisherman's Cove and hunt for your lost knitting? That poor knitting, out in the world...all alone...lost and confused...my heart aches for it.

Anonymous said...

Ha. Hahahahahahahaha.

Stormpooper.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Alright. Baby Stormtrooper is too funny. And wrong. But mostly funny.