Thursday, June 19, 2008

Well, crap on toast.

A favourite saying of one of my university roommates. It's appropriate, trust me.

I've had a lousy week.

1) No sleep. Lil' Miss E seems to be a night owl, as she likes seeing the sunrise.
2) Fought with my Mum 3 hours before she got on a plane to go home. We're better now...but still.
3) Got into a fender bender backing out of my freakin' driveway, as there was a car parked illegally on the wrong side of the street - and I wasn't really paying attention 'cause I was still wound up from the fight. Guh. Everyone's ok, but it was my first car accident ever, and I'm still pissed off about it. My car is NOT happy looking - going to have to get a side panel and the bumper replaced. Grrrr.

Fiber stuff:


Wonderwool is pretty...but it's curse worthy stuff. This is the baby shrug from Debbie Bliss. Nice pattern, a little confusing, but the end product is very pretty.


Mr. Munchkin's kool-aid socks. Dyed by the young gentleman himself, and knitted with a standard top down short row heel and toe. I really liked how the yarn did a self striping thing...which gives me another excuse to let the munchkin loose on more fibre now that the weather is marginally warmer. (17 degrees in June? Madness.)


And finally...Julia. I love this spinning wheel. Love love love love love love love it. The take up is so freakin' light that spinning cobweb lace suddenly seems like something that I could/should/want to do. However, the bobbins are teensy compared to the ones for the S10. I finally understand how people can spin up a bobbin and a half in a day (the thought used to gobsmack the hell out of me before). At the moment, I'm working away on the Novalis BFL.

Also, you may have noticed a new widget on the side bar - the mixwit tape thingy. It's SO cool. As an angsty teen, I used to spend hours making the perfect mix tape for my beloved boy of the month. The mixwit mixes are limited to what you can find online, but it provides enough variety to keep me very happy. I forsee this becoming a popular little toy for bloggers everywhere.

6 comments:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Well now, Munchkin's got a great colour sense, doesn't he. And OMG, I'd totally memory lapsed on the tape mixing. Geez, they took forever because they had to be in the perfect order and really hot!

Steph said...

You, me, brownies, ice cream?

soon.

very soon.

kisses for the kiddies!

Steph said...

btw - mr Munchkin is a genius with dye. You should set him up with a company! He's not too young to be put to work...





is he?

Marti said...

So I totally shirked going to get groceries so that I could make my mix. But my little sidebar thingy is huge...yours is nicely contained. Any advice?

Marti said...

Thanks for the help! Your mix is equally awesome. Oh, and I love the new wheel.

Anonymous said...

No kidding - muchkin has some skillz.

Hi E! Go to sleep, OK? At night. There's nothing good on tv after midnight, anyway.

Woo - sexy wheel.