Monday, October 20, 2008

Making Lemonade...

So, what's a knitter to do with a sweater that the recipient grows out of during the knitting process? A hat, of course.



It's a little big for her, but I think she'll get used to it eventually.

Seems that I had a more productive summer than I thought - I was looking at my flickr the other day and noticed that I had spun a bit this summer, and knit a little more. Check it:

Novalis colourway in BFL from Crown Mountain Farms roving. Crappily plied using the Navajo technique.

Man socks, in handspun - superwash merino in the Henry colourway.

The Hungry Caterpillar yarn - Corriedale and sari silk remnants.

Candied Rainbow - bamboo/merino blend from The Good Sheep. Triple ply, and a major PITA to ply in just such a way that the colours run together.

Twilight - Superwash merino.

There, I feel better about my slacking now. Nothing more to see here people, move along.

4 comments:

Steph VW said...

Alas, the poor sweater never stood a chance against the incredible growing baby!

Henry makes for nice socks, doesn't he?

(he's shaking in a corner now... Henry, I didn't mean it!)

canknitian said...

What a cutiepie! She's getting so big!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow! Nice yarn. I gotta learn to use my spinning wheel...

La Cabeza Grande said...

Hello! It's been a while so I thought I'd check in with you. Hope you and yours are doing well.