Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Return of the Light...

And not a minute too soon! I find that the winter really saps me of the desire to do anything but hunker down on my couch and eat my own weight in chocolate. But with Spring finally arriving, my energy is slowly returning. Honestly, if you think that my blogging's been delinquent...you should see my FO pile. I think that I've got about 4 projects in total to show for the entire freakin' winter.

A pair of "lobster" mittens, requested by Mr. Munchkin. (Use your inner 5 year old's imagination, people.) Peenchy peenchy.


A scarf out of some sparkly rainbow handspun.



A very pink baby sweater out of more handspun.


And a pair of plain vanilla ribbed socks for my MIL's Christmas gift. No pics, as I was too brain dead to remember to take pics.

In other news, I have officially reached SABLE. Really. No kidding around. Here, look.



Once it was all amassed, I was initially horrified that I owned yarn that I had totally forgotten about. Then I remembered my Mum's stash and felt slightly better. But still. I'm not allowed to buy any more yarn for quite a while. I'm going to have to start bigger projects, me thinks. Yoiks.

3 comments:

lulubelle said...

I'm not sure that a house cozy could put a dent in that massive amount of yarn...

Steph VW said...

Sweet mother of yarn... how did you get that all past security?

La Cabeza Grande said...

Kind of astonishing, isn't it? That moment when you're sure it must belong to someone, then the realization that no. No, it's all mine. Was I asleep and someone swiped my credit card?

Anyway, I like lulubelle's house cozy idea :o)