Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hi.

I'm still here.

Really.

I've just been sick. Really sick. "I should go get meds" kinda sick. Turns out the nasty flu that I picked up a few weeks ago was actually pneumonia. Yeah. I'm finally almost over it apart from the occasional involuntary coughing spasm. And now that my family is finally gone home (nothing to pick you up like hosting Easter guests while hacking up a lung), I'm recuperating on many levels.

I have a few of the dresses to show you, but not all of them as some are in the wash already. I admit to dillydallying with getting these all finished, as I have a hatred for gathering fabric that is comparable to that of a Trekkie for Star Wars fans. (Google it people...it's an epic hate-on.) Excuse the crap photos...I'm waiting to upgrade to a DSLR until the new Canon Rebel comes out. HD movie capability, baby.

This one is the Peasant Dress pattern included as part of the Portobello Pixie Claire pattern:

These next few are mods of the Portobello Pixie "Claire" - took the bodice and extended it to an A-line dress. Tried different methods of cinching the waistline.



These are from the halter dress tutorial from Just Tutes:


These last two are for a friend of mine and her daughter who are looking forward to a new summer baby. See? Same material, different results...it's just like genetics! The little one with the ties at the shoulder is an Itty Bitty Dress from Made By Rae.


And finally, a pirate princess outfitted and ready to set sail...

As for knits - I have one measly pair of mittens done. These are for Mr. Ninja, and he's happy to see them. Now that the snow's all gone, of course.



Starting a pair of Rainy Day Socks in Fleece Artist, as much to my knitterly shame...I have exactly two pairs of hand knit socks that survived the winter. All the others bit the dust. Ungh.

3 comments:

Steph VW said...

The dresses are adorable! The Divine Pirate will no doubt be the most fashionable girl on the block.

And hello? Pneumonia? Good heavens!

lulubelle said...

those dresses are gorgeous!!

hope you continue to feel better!

My word verifcation is "handoo"...I must come up with a meaning for that and work it into my vocabulary...

La Cabeza Grande said...

Despite lung hacking, you seem to have a whole new wardrobe for the newest Ninja all sewn up!

I know from experience that it takes a goodly amount of time to recuperate - even with massive amounts of antibiotics and fluids. Be good to yourself!