Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dibble Dabble...

And away ya go. So far this week, I've been sewing a lot, spinning a bit and knitting a bit. Here:


Autumn Walk in BFL dyed by Funky Carolina. Love this one. It's navajo plied, albeit poorly done. About a fingering weight, maybe? I've figured out why I don't like navajo ply, it's because I have to do it sloooowly and concentrate on it the entire time. Totally not my style, 'cause I like to ply fast. Yeah. I was the girl that your momma warned you about.

No knitting to show you - it's all UFOs at the moment. But lots of mitten action.

I've gone on a real sewing binge as of late, mostly gifts. I know of at least four babies that I'm sewing for (either REALLY recently arrived or expected this summer), including my VERY FIRST NIECE/NEPHEW! I'm super excited about this...namely because it takes the pressure off of us to propagate the family Christmas albums. The AT-AT only takes up so much room...


So lots of diaper sewing, one baby boy quilt, some wee dresses and some sewing for my munchkin:


Pattern is Claire from Portobello Pixie. LOVE this pattern, although it's a lot more fiddly than I'm used to. I'm setting myself a goal of sewing Miss E two weeks worth of summer dresses, as I am hoping to outfit her for the summer in just those. To that end, I managed to cut out 12 dresses today...now for the sewing up. To the batcave!

4 comments:

Steph VW said...

OMG - that is the cutest dress EVAH!

Hmmm... my family has Scottish heritage - I wonder how the Mogrunt would feel about wearing a kilt next summer?

La Cabeza Grande said...

One dozen dresses? You've set yourself a mighty task but I'm sure you'll carry it out!

Marti said...

Oh boy, I have a huge crush on that dress. Methinks Pinta might need one too...if she EVER comes out.

Alison said...

So who's having the niece/nephew? Your side of the family? That's exciting!