Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oh, that's just swell...

I have been buried in crap for the past little while. Both figuratively and literally, unfortunately. Long story short - on Tuesday, we had the plumbers truck parked outside our house. In the afternoon, we had the "Disaster Enviro-Kleen" truck. I won't go into details, but let's just say that we're considering sueing the previous owners for serious lack of maintenance...and that the plumbers RAN when they were done with our pipes. The upside is that after telling this story to some friends, we've had some guests cancel their impending summertime visits out of sheer terror of what possible calamity might overcome them here. So, the basement smells like thyme atm (the professionals use a cleaner derived from thyme, who woulda thunk it). And I've been playing catch with Mr. Munchkin's stomach contents since Sunday, so forgive the lack of chipper uppityness in the post.

Add to that the crushing news that Sweet Georgia is going on hiatus and will not be dyeing anymore sock yarn, and you have one seriously pissed Ninja. So, I'm going to be taking part in an upcoming co-op for Henry's Attic yarns, and will be dying my own sock yarn in the future. Self-reliant knitters of the world, unite!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Hope the Munchkin feels better soon! We've been dealing with stomach contents issues recently as well--4 different times this past 6 weeks or so. We've had every virus in the province come to visit I think. I also hope you and Mr Ninja don't get sick too!

Anonymous said...

Poor munchkin I hope the little guy feels better soon.

The same pipe thing happened to my neighbour the year before we moved into our place. We basically have the exact same pipes. I live in terror, waiting.

lulubelle said...

Wow. Makes me want to build a new house, rather than buy something someone else has had a chance to screw up. Glad to hear that it did have some positive impact though ;)
Hope Mr Munchkin is feeling better, and take good care of you too.

jlmack said...

Deb, I hope you're ok. Take care and know I'm thinking of you.

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

ooooh henry's attic, where can i get some??
i'm trying my hand at dyeing too but finding blanks is near impossible