Thursday, March 1, 2007

Thanks All...

For all the well wishes, kind emails and offers of help - thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I have to say, because this miscarriage wasn't as much of a shock (three days in the hospital kinda makes some things inevitable) ... it's a little easier to deal with than the last one. But it's still a punch to the gut. The only consolation (and it's pretty freakin' minor) is that if I get pregnant again, at least I'll be under more careful supervision.

I just wish that this nasty nasty virulent flu bug that has infected our household would go away. That would make the recovery a little easier...anyone have any tips on how to get one's body seriously re-hydrated?

Yarn news to follow once I'm back on my feet.

6 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

Just the old-fashioned water way, unfortunately. I find a shot of lemon juice in the water helps, no idea why.

Alison said...

Do they make Pedialyte for grown ups?

Anonymous said...

Along the same line as Alison's comment - a little gatorade would probably be a good idea. I think long distance runners made homemade gatorade with orange juice, water and a little salt...googling...here we are:

1/2 cup orange juice
9 tbs. Sugar
3/8 tsp Salt
Water to 2 liters

lulubelle said...

Freezies and popsicles. I also really like water with cucumber in it, it's really refreshing.
I hope you feel better soon.

jlmack said...

You're a a star. Whenever I'm sick, I mix up lemon slices, freshly ground ginger, honey and a bit of water and boil it up on the stove.
Makes me feel like a hundred bucks!

Cate said...

The adult version of pedialite is called gastrolite... I believe it's only sold in a powdered version that you have to mix with water yourself... but I could be mistaken on that point. You can get it at any pharmacy.
I hope you're feeling better soon. It seems to be finally passing from our house. Took long enough though.