Thursday, April 19, 2007

Meme!

I don't do memes, usually. But this one amused me. From Elizaboothy.

james brown or marvin gaye?
James Brown! Hit mah! Ungh! Good God! The exclamation points!

chinese or indian takeout? Chinese. For obvious reasons.

fleece or knitted blanket? Knitted. I like the texture and the breathability of knitted stuff.

girls with makeup or without? Without. Easier to rub one’s temples and nose bridge when not worried about smudging something vital. Besides, I always feel weird when I wear makeup – like I’m smothered or something.

costco or whole foods? Whole Foods. Man, that was one of the BEST things about our trip to Austin a few years ago. It's just a very pleasant shopping experience.

wildflowers or arrangements? Huge, lush, exotic arrangements. Wildflowers just remind me of all the weeding that I’ve got to do. *sigh*

tradition or shakeups? Depends…but generally, I like trying new stuff.

cello or trumpet? Cello. Yo-Yo Ma is a god.

watch-wearing or no? Nope. I lose watches like clockwork (ha!), despite my best intentions.

salt water or fresh (for swimming)? Both! The one thing that I love about where we live is that it’s a 5 minute walk to a freshwater lake and a 15 minute drive to the wild open ocean. I keep wanting to learn how to surf.

pants or shorts? Pants. I giggle when I think of Bermuda shorts.

chatspeak or absolutely NOT? When gaming, wtfpwned is a very useful thing to know. However, as a recovering English major, it always makes me wince and die a little inside.

digital camera or old-school? I had my own photography lab until the chemicals did me in. So digital for me.

wireless or plugged in? Plugged in. We’re old school around here, none of that newfangled wifi…damn whippersnappers, get off my lawn!

waltz or tango? Sultry lustful Tango vs. straightlaced, poised Waltz? Gimme some hotsauce, baby. Tango all the way.

brian williams or anderson cooper? Brian Williams.

time or newsweek? Gah. Seriously? Those are my choices? Ungh. I read my news online, but if I have to read a news magazine, it’s the Economist.

waterbed or mattress? King sized mattress.

cream and sugar or not? Double double.

CNN or BBC News? BBC. I love how their human interest stories are so incredibly varied and international in nature.

iTunes or something else? iTunes, those mingy corporate bastards.

scented candles or unscented? Unscented. Due to chemical sensitivities, I can’t handle most of today’s chemically derived artificial scents.

prairie or mountain? Mountain. The prairies stir up madness – 6 hours of driving in the Alberta flats was more than enough sky and flat earth for a lifetime.

socks or barefoot? Barefoot. I don’t feel the cold after years of wearing a skirt in the Ontario winters of my youth, and will always maintain that one does not need socks unless it is beneath 0 degrees Celsius outside.

matt damon or ben affleck? Ben. Despite his smarminess, he’s still got more charisma than Matt.

brass or pewter? Brass? Maybe? I’ve always loved brass door knockers…and I've been told before that I have brass balls...

wool or cotton? Love ‘em both. Will work with both. Perpetually need more for the stash.

willow tree or pine? Willow.

gerald ford or jimmy carter? Barry White.

france or italy? I have some terrific memories of both places, but I’d have to go with Italy. The people are utterly fabulous, (I love the fact that they wear jean jackets lined with fur...so casually decadent) and marginally less snobby than the French.

electric or gas stove? Gas for esthetics, and electric for practicality.

thrift store or outlet? Make your own clothes. ‘Enuff said.

japanese garden or english garden? Both. Yin and Yang.

sophia loren or liz taylor? Sophia. Liz is just too American for my tastes, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, funny answers.