Monday, April 21, 2008

Thunder thighs.

So. Miss E has the most gargantuan thunder thighs. Don't get me wrong, it's adorable to see baby thighs so chubby that it looks like there's three thighs where one should be. But it's making things painful in terms of figuring out how the hell I'm going to keep this child clothed and diapered. Needless to say, I've been amusing myself with testing various patterns.


More diapers in size medium. Being the lazy sod that I am, I made all-in-one diapers. Slap 'em on the kid, and she's good to go. Pattern: Very Baby AIO.


This is from the Hippy Hippy Snap pattern. I'm a little sad about this one, as I like the pattern, but I think that the elastic I used may not be working as well as I'd want it to...thereby rendering the diaper pretty much useless. Sigh.

And even in Atlantic Canada, summer is coming. Which means sundresses! I made this one for Miss E using this tutorial, and it was very quick and easy. From selecting the fabric to the final ironing, it look less than an hour to make it.


In knitting...no pics for you as I'm working on gifts. But I must say that once again Terra's ski beanie is saving my ass.

And I leave you with the baby picture of the day:


"Yay! I'm wearing knitted pants!"

7 comments:

Steph said...

How weird is it to fall in love with diapers?

And those pants are adorable!!!!

Steph said...

oh, oh... and the sundress - how cute would the two of you be if you made yourself a matching top?

Marti said...

OMG, just too cute.

Cate said...

I love the sundress... I gotta make one of those for Sweet Girl!

Anonymous said...

Babies are so lucky that "their" thunder thighs are cute.

Nice pants, E.

I especially love the diapers that look like French Toile.

Cali said...

I agree with Steph, I find myself doing the traditional "awwww" at the diapers. I'm sure I have never thought diapers were cute before... but they are so cute!

She is getting so big so fast! Such a cute little girl.

knitjo said...

Awwww! That's what I said with all my male co-workers in the room...
Cute-rama!
knitjo