Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cravings.

So, what with the grim weather these days - I've been craving colour. (And chocolate, but that's nothing new.)

I've been haunting a few blogs like Posie gets Cozy and Yarnstorm, if only for the gorgeous quality of the light in the photos there. The pretty things to look at don't hurt either. Another way to drive the winter blues away is to virtually window shop - in my case, Etsy is my cuppa poison. In particular, I lusted after this hank of yarn...drooled over it...attempted to justify the price. Couldn't. Was driven to surf on over the Wool Peddler and placed an order to make my own sari yarn. Mine's merino and Millefiori.


Thinking of a scarf for myself - the yarn's got a wicked soft drape to it...and I could do with a dash more pizazz on Monday mornings.

Went to Gaspereau Valley Fibres a few days ago to pick up a new bobbin and driveband for my wheel, as the ones that came with it were starting to take a turn for the worse. Not to mention that the boy was thrilled to his toes by the prospect of seeing sheep. And a llama. (Mr. Ninja's given me a stern lecture or two about how I'm warping his son...) While there, Mr. Munchkin spied this.


Wool/Silk of unknown origins...but the colours are incredible. Here's how it's been spinning up so far:


This stuff freaking glows.

1 Monkey sock down - second one is halfway through the leg. I never would have thought that it would be such a quick knit, but I'm enjoying myself thoroughly - despite having to rip half of the 1st one back.

3 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

I was at GVF yesterday, I made sure to bring my folks so I wouldn't spend a small fortune. That roving is gorgeous, the munchkin has a good eye!

Anonymous said...

Your sari-silk yarn looks gorgeous (much nicer than anything else I've seen!).

Munchkin has a good eye - I think he will make a fine crafter someday.

morgan said...

have you read posy's photography howto? i still believe the light in her house is different from mine. ps i can't switch over either. is the new blogger worth it?