Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ready for a mid-winter nap...

So, made myself another needle case - this one is for my DPNs.

Pretty - but I messed up on the sewing of the case - it's actually a mess when you look at it too closely. Will have to adjust the design to have a larger seam allowance, but it's all part of the learning process, eh?

Remember this roving?

It's spinning up like a dream.

I figure that I'll be able to get sockweight out of what I have here already and another ply of the same roving. Although wool+silk = uncertainty about sock usage...think they'd be too itchy as socks?

Finally, Mr. Ninja actually asked for a sweater. Seeing as we've been together for a decade, I'd say that I'm fairly safe from the sweater curse. Am going to borrow one of the cables from Viking Patterns for Knitting (Thanks Ms. FE for the lowdown on the book!) and will post a pic of the general design soon.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I think you're safe from the curse. I waited about 7 years I think, but then that was 5 years ago! Can't wait to see what it looks like. And the needle case is lovely. What does your fabric stash look like anyway? Does it rival your wool stash (which I haven't actually seen, but I do know it's legendary!)?

FrozenExtremities said...

The curse doesn't work on hitched folks, only new relationships. I think you're safe.
I'm royally cheesed, I ordered that book on Thursady and I just got an email saying it's on backorder. Grrr.

Anonymous said...

Lovely case!

The roving is going to be fab - I don't think wool-silk would be too itchy...after all, regia has a silk sock line. I'm wearing my wool-mohair bulky socks and they feel ok.

lulubelle said...

Oooooh....look at the pretty pretty yarn! Those colors are delightful!
I don't want to knit my husband a sweater...his shoulders are too damn broad. He's not getting socks either...or the really long scarf he wants me to knit. He can have a hat. Maybe.