Friday, November 16, 2007

Cravings...

I've been wanting tea and hot cocoa recently. Constantly. So I treated myself to a new teapot. Lord, I love President's Choice - even their knick-knacks make me happy (let's not even talk about their wonderful frozen entrees). But the only thing about this teapot is that it's so fragile feeling that I did the only thing that I could do, as a responsible knitter.

I knit a tea cozy.


It's the Kureyon Kozy from Knitty. I'm not too thrilled with the fit on this pot, but what the hell, it's at least preventing the pot from shattering on my tile counters.

I was going to originally post with the news that I'm DONE my Christmas knitting (yes, you have my permission to hate me a little now) but Mr. Munchkin objected when I told Steph that I was done. "But Mommy, you need to knit socks for yourself! Then you're done." And damn if the kid wasn't right on the ball. I'm knitting Beatrix from socktopia - but I'm fairly certain that I'm screwing up the lace. Oh well...at least Seawool rips back well. Pics to follow.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Is that a glass teapot? Nice - especially in its sweater.

You're right - PC is pretty awesome.

lulubelle said...

Hate you? No.

Desire to smack you around a little?

Maybe.

Cute tea pot sweater. I need a new teapot. For some reason Phil likes to break my teapots.

La Cabeza Grande said...

That is very efficiently wonderful of you to be finished! No hate from me either. Just admiration.

Enjoy your spot of tea :o)