Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kicked in the ass by karma.

So...remember how I thought I was done with Christmas knitting? Yeah. I got a phone call a few days ago from my Mum with two pieces of surprising news. One, my elder brother had his girlfriend officially move in with him. (This is big, people. I'm hoping to go to a family wedding within the next decade, as the last one was ... uh ... ours.) And second, my younger brother's girlfriend would be accompanying him for Christmas.

What this means is that not only is my family coming to Halifax for Christmas, but so is Mr. Ninja's. Plus my brother's girlfriend. And we're hosting Christmas dinner. No pressure. (Don't worry, we're only having Mr. Ninja's brother stay at our place over the holidays, as the rest of the family is being accomodated elsewhere. *cheer* No early labour for me!) That equals something like 11 adults plus Mr. Munchkin for dinner. And the other thing that it means is that I needed some presents for the new ladies in my family's life.

So I got cracking, and whipped up two more hats.



The first one is the Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat, and the other is a Cutie hat (a la Mr. Munchkin).


Add to that another Odessa, and this is the sum total of my Christmas knitting (don't worry, no one who is getting any of this swag actually reads my blog, thank goodness).


Yup, none of the ends are woven in. Soon...but not yet.

Add to that mass of craftiness - Mr. Ninja is headed to Ontario for some R&R this weekend, and he's going to be taking a baby shower present with him. I had the urge to make yet another diaper for the friends who are having the baby, and made these last night.




The first one is a shot of the diaper cover, and the second is the matching diaper. Yeah, I know...but I can't help it. This nesting thing is getting out of control. Someone send help?

Finally, Steph and I are getting together this weekend (while the man's away, the girls shall play) for two purposes: 1) We are going to make Henry into a Dolores look-alike. 2) To dye some yarn. Possibly in a Henry colourway.

Anyone want to join us? I give no guarantees to the state of my bathroom... I'm thinking Saturday, 2ish until suppertime. Bring your own yarn, kool-aid, facemasks and roasting pans. I have some acid dyes on hand and a niddy-noddy for skeining. I'm going to bully Steph into helping me pick up a big foldable table from Canadian Tire, so I should have adequate working space, I hope. Also, here's some homework for ya - how to dye roving with acid dye and handpainting yarn. I figure we can do the actual dyeing at my place, and everyone can take the wool back to their places to "cook".

4 comments:

Alison said...

I have some questions--1st is where will Mr Munchkin be during this event? And that leads to the second--is The Boy invited? Because I think that House Man is working Saturday afternoon. And third is--do I want to do this if The Boy is around?

jlmack said...

I'm in! I'll be a knitting spectator, though. I have got to get lots done before I leave for Japan.

La Cabeza Grande said...

That sounds like a blast! Too bad I'm a few timezones away from you :-(

Great job on the impromptu girlfriend hats, too.

Alison said...

Oh great ninja master, I have questions. I have done my homework. The only thing I have that I need is yarn! Maybe The Boy and I will spectate only, and I'll join in next time.