Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hi ho, hi ho...

It's off to induced labour I go.

Tomorrow, that is. Went to the hospital today for my 40 week checkup, and they took one look at me and my chart...and decided that this baby has to come out, pronto. I'm ok with it, as I figure that it can only go better than the first time with Mr. Munchkin. (Don't ask - seriously, it was definitely on the horrific side of things.) So, I'm doing laundry and cleaning the house like a madwoman. After all, who knows when I'll next get to do those mundane tasks without a small critter strapped to lord knows what body parts?

Uh...sorry about the visuals, I may be freaking out a bit about actually having a newborn again. We used to call Mr. Munchkin "velcro baby" because he would put up quite the hissy fit if he was not constantly cuddled and able to see what Mummy was doing. Funny how I'm just remembering these things now that the baby's arrival is becoming all too real.

Anyway. Am also knitting on a pair of knee high socks for the baby made out of handspun scraps. If I'd been smarter about it, the socks would match and be all cute and stripey. As it is, they're composed of two very different textured yarns and they look awful. But they will be warm, and that's what I'm going for. Or so I tell myself.

Also finished up some medium sized diapers:


The top three are from my own pattern, and the bottom ones are from the Fattycakes pattern. They're wonderfully squishy and soft...and ever so girly. I am LOVING the idea that I get to sew girl stuff. I've become quite the Ottobre worshipper, plotting cute wee dresses for the distant future.

But for now...I have more laundry to do. Send easy labour vibes please, would you?

16 comments:

Alison said...

Let me know if you need anything--I'm right across the road after all!

lulubelle said...

HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS!!!!

I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow, because I've been induced and it has a lot of suckage (with an amazing end product for sure!). Happy Birth Vibes being sent your way~~~~~~~~:)

And if you need anything when you get home, I'm not so far away.

(Side note: got your message but I just got home and it's just gone 8. I'm too tired to head out again. I'll get baby's sweater to you soon, but please do not worry about the pan, my mom will be able to sort something out as she is the cake master)

canknitian said...

Lots of hugs and best wishes for tomorrow! It's going to be great!

I love the girlie diapers, btw. SO sweet. The print on the middle one in the bottom row makes my heart squish so gladly!

BIG HUG!

Carissa said...

Praying for an easy labor!

Marti said...

Never been through it myself, but I have been present for one and I send all the good labour vibes that I have to offer. Best of the best to all of you!

Unknown said...

I hope it goes well. Best of luck. I can't wait to meet the new baby.

Megan said...

Though I am disappointed that you won't be giving birth on leap day, I wish you a quick labour and birth! =) Looking forward to meeting your little girl.

Anonymous said...

Big hug, you're gonna rock this!! I'm off all day Thursday if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! Good luck. I love the visual of a critter attached to god knows what. For some reason I picture those lemurs with the gigantic eyes, from Madagascar. Because, if you gave birth to one of those, it would be awesome.

But a cute little girl would do in a pinch :) Again, good luck.

Steph said...

It's your baby's birthday TODAY! How fun is it to know that a year from today there will be cake and a little one eating cake for probably the first time?

I'm so excited that Princess Leia Smartypants will be coming into the world today. If Mr. Munchkin decides that he can't handle having a baby sister in the house, you let him know that Mr. Happy and I would be happy to let him crash at our place until he's a moody teenager.

Dorothy said...

Today was the day, I hope that all went well, nice and smoothly, quickly, and as painlessly as possible (in other words, nothing like when I was induced)
Congrats!

Unknown said...

Well ladies, the Knitter had a not so little girl weighing in at 8lbs 8oz without any meds! Both are doing fine resting and will be home Saturday.

Mr. Ninja

La Cabeza Grande said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Little Miss Ninja! So glad to hear that both you and baby are doing OK.

jkleclerc said...

Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Ninja!! I hope to meet Princess Leia SmartyPants soon.

Shevon said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

But, does the poor girl have a name?!

Oh, and I suspect it's too late for happy vibes. *snicker*