Friday, February 15, 2008

More teeny tiny pants...

So, I finished another pair of LTK Longies. Knit from some handspun BFL that I finished early in this pregnancy... Using the drop spindle, I made it into a deliberately thick and thin slubby worsted weight which made for an interesting effect. The plied yarn was very energized, and it definitely has that "homemade" look. Not really sure if I like it or not, but meh - the colours are very pretty. In case you're wondering why there's some tiny tufts of yarn next to the pants - that is all that was left of the entire skein of yarn. I was so desperate for yarn to finish the drawstring that I was scrounging the cast-on and cast-off tails and using them to finish up. Yeesh. That'll teach me to start planning ahead when choosing yarn for projects.


Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day - I got the BEST homemade Valentine's card from my boys and I made them Valentine Day brownies for dessert last night.

Today in the mail, I got another Valentine - my copy of the Emmeline apron. I think it's the prettiest apron pattern I've ever seen. And as I fully intend to bake more as soon as little Miss Munchkin is born (hooray for GESTATIONAL diabetes - it should go away as soon as the hormones settle down)...I need a couple of new aprons, non?

2 comments:

Steph said...

EEEH! Did you see the Gnome messenger bag that she posted?

I LOVE that apron pattern. She's so going on my bloglines.

Valerie said...

cutie pie pants! I would totally wear them. Were I a wee little infant.

Pretty pretty apron. Just don't be like me and forget to wear the apron and then get grease or carrot or soysauce or or or stains on all your clothes.

Also, now I am nostalgic for when I was a Montessori brat.