Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Still hanging in there...

Still alive, still breathing (mostly through my mouth), and still pregnant. For those of you counting, I'm 39 weeks in. Yes, that's nearly full term. And boy oh boy, when I go down the aisles of the supermarket, it's like a cruise liner in full sail.

Since I posted last, here's how things have been stacking up:

1 - the number of times we've been to the ER at the children's hospital at midnight. Mr. Munchkin wasn't just sick with a cold/cough...it turned into full on croup, with a good helping of not being able to breathe. So, Superbowl Sunday was spent at the ER, with a very unhappy little boy. He's on the mend now with just the occasional hacking cough.

2 - the number of people still recovering: me and Mr. Munchkin. Of course, croup is viral in nature. And of course...when you have a little one coughing in your face when you're trying to calm him down, nasty viruses take advantage of a pregancy weakened immune system. I have the head cold/cough from hell...and not even a hunky John Constantine type around to exorcise it. (Mr. Ninja is working 12 hours days lately. He says that it's the masculine nesting instinct kicking in, as he wants to clear his schedule so that he can take paternity leave when the time comes.)

3 - the number of Little Comet Tail yoga pants that I finished. I'm displeased with myself, as I managed to botch them up with icky kool-aid dye jobs. But that being said, they're still done and ready. However, as I'm trying to take this as a learning experience, I got copies of the Three Irish Girls yarn dyeing tutorials (fabulous, btw - a definite recommend for anyone wanting to try dyeing) and will apply lessons within to next time I try dyeing.



11 - the number of prefold diapers that I dyed yesterday. I was SO underwhelmed by the beige...that I grabbed some Procion MX and did a couple of low water immersion dye jobs on them.

1 - the number of newborn diapers completed while Mr. Munchkin was spending some time in his room "thinking about what he did". The poor kid has been beside himself lately - and he's been acting up. My sister-in-law sent me some jawdropping pics of what they all did in Texas. And let's just say that he got away with bloody blue murder. Add that to the fact that he's not been well since getting home, and you have a recipe for disaster. Yesterday, things came to a head...and he cooled his heels in his room for a few hours while I calmed myself down and talked myself out of throttling him, Homer-style. Believe it or not, sewing can be very therapeutic. I think that it has something to do with all the cutting and piercing and smashing of snaps into position and well, you get the idea.



You know, I totally made a resolution this year to be more responsive to comments on my blog...only to be foiled by blasted Blogger. Since most of the comments come through the anonymous comment feeder, I can't respond to half of them. Anyone have any advice on circumventing this problem?

5 comments:

lulubelle said...

Ooooh...I love the dyed diapers!

Methinks Gabriel is about to have a bunch of his diapers get pretty!

You know...I did not realize how much the beige bothered me until I saw your pretty diapers.

AND I bet they don't show stains...

(off to get some dye)

Steph said...

I love the yoga pants. and the diapers...

Deb, you're just so talented. Mr. Munchkin and the new babe are just so blessed to have such a creative mom!

La Cabeza Grande said...

"Ninja by the Numbers"

So sorry you're still feeling blech from the croup. I forgot how cranky kids get when they're sick.

Despite all that, you've been buzzing with creativity? You rock, lady. Now, if you could just convince wee bairn Ninja to make an appearance...

Anonymous said...

Ah, illness! With you about to burst, too. You must be exhausted. But, yet, still sewing/dyeing/being a whirlwind.

Pretty diapers :)

Marti said...

Those pants are just too darn cute. We've been sick at our house too, with only a rambunctious dog to contend with, so big props to you. With sewing to boot. Wow.