Thursday, May 17, 2007

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, here I come!

So...I couldn't really let myself start another project (Sockapalooza socks) while I still had another pair of socks on the go. So I sat myself down with a bottle of Bailey's, a marathon session of Gil Grissom frowning at various corpses, and my handspun socks. Done like dinner.


They're squishy, slippery and thick. Perfect for the cold front that's just settled in. Totally mismatched, but I actually dig it. One of the socks is larger than the other - my tension was apparently affected by all the swooning that I did during the CSI season 3 DVD (Gawd, the men on that show are HOT) I'd like to say that the first sock was stretched by Henry's sojourn inside it...but I have to fess up that I think that my ankles are thicker than Henry's entire body. And since I only used the smaller of the two skeins for this pair, I still have enough to make another set of socks!


I wonder if I'll get another pair of mismatched socks - and therefore maybe possibly get 2 pairs of matching socks. What? It could happen.

ETA: Apparently...Bailey's + knitting = totally spaced out knitter. I just realized while looking at the photo of the socks together that I'm going to HAVE to knit another pair of socks. During the time between the two socks, I totally forgot that I did a mistake rib pattern on the first sock...and did the second sock in just a plain 3x1 rib. Man...I blow such huge chunks sometimes. >_<

In other crafty news, my package from Superbuzzy arrived!


I'm not too sure that I like the punch embroidery thingy...it sort of feels like cheating somehow. But the sheep clips are awesome for keeping track of where I am on a chart - well, I'm anticipating that they will be - and the car magnets make Mr. Munchkin very happy. So, now I've cast on for my Sockapalooza pal...let's see if CSI can weave some knitting mojo for me again.

2 comments:

Steph said...

YOU PLACED A SUPERBUZZY ORDER AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!

Get OUT!
*Elaine shove*

I'll be at your house tonight for show and tell. You don't have to be there - I'll just let myself in!

Heh heh.

Anonymous said...

The mismatched socks are hilarious (and beautiful!).

What is this superbuzzy? Off to check it out...