Sunday, May 6, 2007

Long Live Optimus Prime!

Well, technically - they killed him off in the series ... but his memory lives on. After seeing Geekzilla's awesome Decepticon mittens, I was inspired to whip up an Autobots chart. However, the only problem is that Excel (which is where I do the charting) doesn't let me put in right pointing slashes. *sigh* So, I substituted the right pointed slashes with the vertical lines. Use your imaginations, kiddoes.

As for the pattern itself, if you're doing it in intarsia, just knit the X's, and put the slashes in afterwards with duplicate stitch. And if you're doing it all in duplicate stitch, you're laughing. Me, I'm thinking that I need some Transformer socks. Eventually. And the beast? Mr. Ninja is getting a vest for his birthday. I'm not even halfway through the first sleeve. Stockinette fatigue is starting to set in. Grrrr.

3 comments:

morgan said...

didn't post sooner cause ive been trying to think what i could put ol'primey on that's uber girly. i havent come up with anything yet but fully intend to have an autobot something. maybe something angora from sexy little knits? lol J/K!!!! well....optimus teddy?

Steph said...

Wow. That chart is so much more than meets the eye.

heh heh.

aren't you glad I'm home?

Unknown said...

Hee hee, I want Transformer socks too, I want yarn that transforms into socks with no swearing! ;)