Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Itchy Fingers.

Major case of startitis over here. I think that it probably stems from a lack of real project ambition...see, I was going to knit myself a sweater after I finished Mr. Ninja's beast. Buuuuut...what with being pregnant (and it's going really well! Week 12 and going strong. No more morning sickness but the poultry aversion still there), there's not really any point to knitting something for myself since my body's going to be changing so much in the next year or so.

So, what to knit? I made another dishcloth (mindless knitting) from this pattern, and I'm progressing nicely on the new Monkey socks. I would put in a pic of the socks, but natural light has been in short supply over here. But I want something to make that's new to my fingers! And exciting! Something to justify a lot of exclamation points!!! Christmas knitting? Baby items? Dare I say it ... a crochet blankie? I've been toying with picking up crochet again (I know the basic stitches, but my skills are how you say...ass-end rusty?)

I think that I'm just bored with my stash...hmmm. Maybe a stash swap is in order? That's a kind of project too. Sorta?

Gah.

6 comments:

lulubelle said...

I understand startitis. I went to cast on another sock when I realized all my sock needles are in use. I have several sets of sock needles. This is not good. Especially since i really don't know where all these half-completed socks are...

Alison said...

Stash swap might be fun. I think we should organise it.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Sounds like you're at a bit of loose ends, m'dear. Perhaps a large project that consists of smaller pieces will satisfy the startitis AND the need for instant gratification.

Congratulations, by the way, on the coming baby :o)

Felicity Ford said...

...you could always do a walking stick cosy?!

bigyarnmama said...

I seeme to default to the same washcloth project when I have trouble finding the project i need to make. Have you started looking for baby patterns? There are great blanket and sweater projects that may start the juices flowing!

Unknown said...

The scarf was montego bay from summer interweave. you could do fabulous "i'm wearing a scarf' type scarves. those scarves are different from the ones that keep you warm in that a. they look all fabu and high style and b. tend not to be bulky or warm. :)