Monday, August 27, 2007

Ready, set ...

And we're off. Got my Monkey socks done - please excuse the flash photography.

Also got a quickie hat whipped up for Mr. Munchkin - the kid is growing out of everything, I tell you. He needed a new hat for the fall, and I had a need to see him in something with a pom-pom.

And for those thinking "awww, what a cutie", take a look at the destruction that he hath wroth ... in the time that it took me to take some leftovers out to the composting bin. (approximately 2 minutes flat)

And say it with me now... "Four year olds should not be given access to paint bottles." Needless to say, he spent some time in his room thinking about what he did and apparently of ways to placate Mommy. Who has never needed a drink more in her life.

And here's my pile of stuff ready for tomorrow's KOL stash swap. At the front, you can see my entry ticket - Fleece Artist Silk/Cashmere 2 ply. Other stuff there includes Sari yarn, a whack of Malabrigo, lots of sock yarn from the Natural Dye Studios, handspun Ayany yarn from an African co-operative (can't get it anywhere in North America!), some Knitpicks sock yarn, a few skeins of handspun, and others that I can't remember atm.

Many, many, many thanks go out to both Steph and Terra for their contributions to both the door prize bag and the goodie bag for each participant. It's going to be an interesting night, I think.

9 comments:

Cate said...

Oh, so not fair that I can't be there... I want that silk/cashmere... It looks so lovely, and it sounds so soft, and I'm not allergic. sigh.

Steph said...

Oh Sam... nooooo. You are going to have to learn to mix martinis before the age of 10. That's a way to make Momma happy.

I have to say, I do applaud your use of colour. For a moment there, the blob of paint looked like all the colours in Captain America's suit.

La Cabeza Grande said...

It's not nice to leave Mommy presents like that - especially since she took such care to make you that great hat! Did you help her clean it up at least? Because that's what a big boy would do. Yup.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Perhaps I should dive back into my stash...

Anonymous said...

p.s. You're right, 4 yrs olds and paint do not mix :) I totally think you should teach the kid to make a dry martini...it would be like something out of Mommie Dearest.

Unknown said...

Dude, Sam is wicked cute. Despite the mess, not my kid, not my problem. :P

Alison said...

I think that the "mess" looks rather a lot like an artistic statement of some sort. The kid is good!

My stash diving was severely hindered by a four year old last night, I'm not bringing much, will you still let me in?

rho said...

hey! thanks for all the work you did for the yarn swap! it seems so wrong and sad that you won't be back for four months - perhaps you can sneak in a surprise visit or two? anyway, last night was like christmas - i almost cried!

Alison said...

Ninja, maybe you can bring Sam one night, and I'll bring The Boy. That would probably liven things up a bit! Not that it really needs much livening up...

Thanks for the handspun Ayany. As Kathryn said last night, you've got to love yarn with a story!