Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Geekdom is surprisingly relaxing.

It was a lovely long weekend. We had Mr. Ninja's sister up for the week - it's been nice sending Mr. Munchkin to go and play with her at 6 in the morning. (Hey, we're not a Bed and Breakfast ... company's gotta earn their keep somehow.) I kept myself busy.

Made a geeky sample binder with all of the Ghetto Malabrigo colourways that I had samples of.

Spun a lot.

This is superwash sock yarn. It's ... very pink. I'm almost certain that this will get knit up into gifts. For whom exactly, not sure.

But this is for moi - it's the first bunch of roving from Abby's Yarns Batt Club. Not sure about the fibre content, but there's definitely firestar in there. The glitter soothes my soul.

Have also been experimenting with the magic loop method of knitting in the round ... with rousing success. Started a toe-up sock two days ago (cast on in Lunenburg of all places.) Am now almost at the cuff. This is staggeringly fast for me, and it's been definitely less stress on my wrists. I think I'll be sticking with this method for now. Have to justify the Addi Turbos somehow.

In other news, I'm going to flog some co-ops that I'm a part of:

1) Dharma trading company - If you're looking for dyes for yarn or other projects, Dharma's the place to go. They also have fabrics and blank clothes for dyeing as well. This co-op is being run by a Canadian group - they will be taking orders for the co-op until the 27th.

2) Malabrigo - This is the real stuff, people. Just the worsted at this point. The prices are good (wholesale rates), but I'm not allowed to post the group's information - if you're interested, email me and I'll get you the details.

That is all. Oh and quick question about Ravelry - why the hell won't it recognize my Flickr account? Grrr. I can't post the stash photos until it does...

2 comments:

Alison said...

I found on the help page (right most tab on the top of the ravelry home page) there's a video guided tour on how to add flickr photos. When I had trouble (as in it wasn't recognising my flicker account) I watched that, and figured out what I had done wrong. Maybe you can find your cure there too?

Anonymous said...

I think flickr was down yesterday if that helps...

Ooh, nice spinning! Makes me want to ditch it all and hang out with the wheel. Mais non, must get some work done.