Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bleh.

So far, 2008 is not boding well. This is going to be a somewhat random post, as my mind is completely scattered these days.

1) Was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Thank goodness I'm 34 weeks along...not much longer. (3 weeks and the baby's "ripe", but 40 weeks is where I'd like to be when I do eventually have this baby. Not bloody likely that I'll make it that far, as Mr. Munchkin was early and this baby is a little bigger than he was. Cross your fingers for us.) But I must say, I dislike the whole "making myself bleed" part. I need my fingers for knitting!!!!! And those lancets sting, man.

2) Knitting has been coming along slowly. I had to discard the idea of Anastasia, as all of the yarn that I want to work with at the moment just doesn't suit the pattern. I have an inkling that there are two reasons that my knitting output has dwindled - first, because I've been in panic mode trying to get things organized for the baby and the second reason is that I've started three different pairs of socks and ripped all of them out for one reason or another.

I've gotten one knitted FO done this week, though.

It's a Little Turtle Knits soaker, size small. It looks enormous, but maybe that's just me psyching myself out. (Yes, I am quietly freaking out over here. Thanks for asking.)

So at the moment, I'm knitting rather boring cabled socks - will post pictures later, as I'm using the yarn that I dyed twice with kool-aid, and I'd like to dedicate a whole post to that process.

3) I've gone on a bit of a sewing bender. As part of the process of getting ready for the new baby, Mr. Munchkin and I went through the several boxes and bags of his old clothing and diapers. We sorted by size and re-bagged and re-boxed everything that was too big. Mysteriously, I can't seem to find any of his old onesies (diaper shirts) or burp cloths. So, what better way to justify stash diving? So far, I've sewn up flannel 30 burp cloths and am slowly buying all of the cute onesies that I can get my hands on. Will post later, if I can get my fat ass up the stairs. No, I'm not being facetious...the stairs are a serious PITA, as my lower back has been threatening to shimmy out of place if I so much as bend over to pet the cat. Ugh.

Sorry about the grumpalicious nature of the post, but I'm just about ready to evict the squatter and reclaim my health back. That is all. Will be back eventually with sunshine and daisies. Ok, now I'm being facetious. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound very pregnant and uncomfortable. It's ok to be grumpy.

lulubelle said...

Late pregnancy sucks. There is nothing pretty and glowy about the last weeks. It just sucks. I feel for ya hon.

As for GD...well...I'm sending kisses for your boo-boo'd fingers.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh dear, Madame Ninja! So sorry you're in a funk right now and that you're not feeling well. Maybe a little mindless knitting will get you through the bad patch until the newest little Ninja arrives.

Big hugs!