Monday, January 14, 2008

Busy hands.

I've been trying to keep my mind off of how out of control my life has been feeling by crafting like a madwoman. Here, take a look.






From the top - the Henry roving is all spun up. I just have to set the twist, and then I'll be working on making that into a kickass pair of socks. A couple of fabric snap boxes a la My Little Mochi (best tutorial ever), and a baby gift for a mama on one of the boards that I frequent.

There's a few other things that I haven't taken photos of: a pair of socks for me, a pair of Saartje's booties in some leftover Sweet Georgia in purple, and another spinning project is on the wheel. I don't know...I've just been feeling lost without something to craft for the past few days, hence the crazy level of output.

ETA: Oh yeah, forgot to take pics of it before I gifted it, but my new next door neighbors just had a baby girl. So I made an emergency diaper bag out of denim (your typical drawstring backpack out of denim scraps) and filled it with a turned and topstitched burp cloth out of flannel (with doggies on it), matching swaddling blanket, a decorated onesie (I made a little patch out of a scrap of the fabric that I used for the burp cloth/blanket and sewed that onto a store bought onesie), a trial tube of Weleda diaper cream, and some disposable diapers and wipes. (They're not into cloth, otherwise I'd have made a diaper too.) So....busy, busy.

4 comments:

AmyJ said...

THANK YOU for the link for those little boxes!!

lulubelle said...

(((hugs)))

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Love the colours and those petite slippers, too!

ikkinlala said...

At least you're productive when you're busy! I feel like I've been on the run constantly and I have nothing nearly so beautiful to show for it.