Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Not the best way to start off a new year...

I was sitting around in the hospital today, waiting for them to take blood samples. (Pregnancy related - I needed to have a second glucose test done). But I did get a fair bit of knitting done. Note to self - make sure that the nurses take blood from the fingers that are NOT needed for knitting. Owie.

On a happier note, I love getting backlogged mail. This arrived today, as did some more diaper making supplies.

The Plumknit yarn is cashmere. I just want to drape the skeins around my neck and go out like that...it's beautiful, soft and lofty as hell. I was thinking of making myself the Bird in Hand mittens with it, but now that it's here...I've reassessed, and judged that it's way too nice to use for mittens. A scarf is a more likely target, methinks. And the Yarn Pirate is mine, all mine! Socks, socks, socks! I love the YP club. That and the Funky Carolina (which I flaked out on signing up for this session - doh) clubs were the best ones that I joined last year.

Here's my first FO of the year:

I started this around 1 am on New Year's Day. Insommnia sucks, but at least I'm getting good stuff out of the wasted hours. It's a cute little lined bag, based on the tutorial from here. Easy and quick, the only reason that I didn't finish it in the same session that I started it was because my ironing board was covered in cat hair. (It needed a wash something fierce, ever since my SILs cat adopted it as his favourite napping spot.)

Also finished off is:



The baby's small size diaper stash. (Well, finished as long as I can resist the urge to make more of these - they're so wee and little and cute and squishy and ... well, you get the idea.)

I whipped this up last night - it's for one of the ladies on the Diaper Sewing Divas board - it's a NB fitted from the Darling Diapers pattern. I think I'll be making a few of these for our babe, it's a good pattern. Holy snaps, though.

A heads-up about the giveaway - I mailed out all of the packages that I had addresses for a few days ago. I was hoping to avoid getting any of them caught up in the pre-Christmas postal madness, and thus to minimize the number of lost packages. But I'm still missing the addresses of a few winners: Kerry&Erin, Tara and Linda. Please contact me at theninjaknitter at gmail dot com if you're still wanting to collect your prizes, people!

8 comments:

Mom_of_Faith said...

awesome diaper stash! I just love itty bitty fluff!

Tracy said...

Your diapers are adorable. They SO make me long for another little one!! And I love your bag as well. I'm not on your missing addy list, so I guess my yarn is on it's way and I can't wait!!! ;) Thanks!!

Jamie said...

Oooo pretty!!

How does one go about joining up with one of these sock clubs?

ikkinlala said...

Cute diapers!

I hope you have a wonderful 2008 - it's too bad about how it started!

Dorothy said...

I'm doing a happy dance - got my sock yarn this morning. Thank you so much!
Perfect timing too - I've got two ladies coming this afternoon to learn how to knit socks, and I've got yarn to start a pair of socks for me :)
I've got a friend who has been knitting wool soakers for a friend of hers, I sent her a link to your blog so she could see the cute little diapers.

Marti said...

I received my little package in the mail today! The yarn is just lovely. Thanks so much!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I wish I had made the diapers for kids. I did manage to buy quite a few when Walmart was clearing out of the cloth diapers but still. Yours are way cuter. Note: when I had to go back to work (it was after a six month maternity leave back then) the daycare threw a hissy fit about having to change cotton diapers!

Tara said...

Love the diapers! I sent you my address.