Friday, December 28, 2007

Drum roll please...

Hope you all had a great holiday - mine was rather peaceful, with only the occasional impulse to throttle someone marring the scene. The last of my gift knitting was completed on the 27th - a last minute request for a pair of men's socks. (Thuja - in Opal 6 ply...not a good choice. Should have chosen a thicker yarn. Blech.) But otherwise, I'm quite happy with the way that things worked out over here. Still munching on gingerbread too!

As for the giveaways, our two winners are:

The Opal goes to - Amanda! Congratulations, and I'm going to be slipping in some proper roving into your package for the next set of thrummed mittens that you make as an extra little treat. But the ones that you did make were postitively beautiful - go take a look, everyone!

And the BIG one is going to - Athena! Congratulations! I understand that you're a newish knitter...I just hope that I'm not going to make you into a yarn snob by starting you off with the good stuff. ;)

I think that I'm going to go and start on a new pair of socks for myself - Anastasia's been calling my name for sometime now. I've got more of that Crown Mountain Farms Sockhop handspun that I'd like to use up...here's hoping that it and the pattern get along. Also about to be started on the needles is a sweater for Mr. Ninja. I'm thinking of one of the ones from Son of Stitch n Bitch (I <3 that book) in some green Malabrigo. I figure that if I can get one sweater done for him each year starting now, we'll be set for Nova Scotia weather in about a decade of marriage.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I still can't believe I won!!

Jamie said...

Congrats!!

What a fun thing to do! Thanks so much for doing it!!