Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 11th

KOL last night was heaps of fun - I hadn't realized how much I missed it. And for Julie - here is a picture of my sais. Yes, we really do have too much weaponry in this house. Although, I did like Shawn's (Elizabeth's wonderful knitting partner-in-crime) suggestion of putting all of the swords into an umbrella stand...


And here's a picture of what sais look like when they are used as improvised knitting needles:

(They weren't very good knitting needles...I tended to poke myself in the belly with them.)

And all hail the voracious third trimester - any excuse to make snowy castle cakes.


Onto the giveaways:
Yesterday's winner was FrozenExtremities. Congrats! And today's giveaway is a very pretty ball of Malabrigo, waiting for a good home...


This is in the "Shocking Pink" colourway. Good luck all!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute snow castles!! I always wondered...are they difficult to come out of the pan? I must give this a try sometime.

Mom_of_Faith said...

I love the snow castles. They came out great!

As for the yarn, Mmmmmm.... malabrigo.... *drool*

canknitian said...

Awesome!

carrice said...

Nice castles. cute and yummy!

I am competely shocked by this pink. i would love it!

Tara said...

The cake looks yummo, and that yarn does too! Please put me in the drawing.

Unknown said...

I am tempted to run out and buy those castle pans.

And the Malabrigo is gorgeous! So was yesterday's roving although I have no idea what to do with roving.

yvonne said...

Those castle cakes are too fun.

Linda said...

I love those snow castles as well! And that is some pink yarn!

Kerry & Ronan said...

How do you make snow castle cakes? Those look so yummy!!

jkleclerc said...

Don't enter me today, but very cool weapons! I can see how they would be cumbersome as knitting needles.

On a side note. I guess work got wise to how much blog reading I have been doing at work because they have locked down blogger!

Elisabeth said...

Those little cakes are too cute--what a find! Love the sais--Raphael would be proud.