Monday, December 17, 2007

December 17th (and 13th)

Wow...after a whole day of baking (and I'm still waiting for my gingerbread to chill in the fridge), I'm wiped out. But the house is starting to feel...ready. Our tree is up, trimmed and filling the house with the wonderful smell of pine. The mantle has stockings and garlands, Christmas music is sounding throughout and the house is blissfully clean for the first time in months.

You'd almost think I was on top of things...and so did I, until I noticed that I had missed the giveaway for December 13th. Doh. Righty-o, here we go with the updated giveaways!

Yesterday's winners were Barbara from Nova Scotia, Linda, and Jamie (please email me Jamie, as I don't have a way of getting in touch with you.)

Today's (and the 13th) giveaways are:

A ball of Lana Grossa sock yarn (Meilenweit Inca)...with extra strapazierfahig! (I think that means that it stretches.)

Another ball of Lana Grossa sock yarn (Meilenweit Magico). Both of these balls come directly from Germany, as they were part of my World Cup feeding frenzy. Good luck, everyone!

Also, thank you everyone who's responded to my notifications - I haven't responded to many of them yet, but it's on my list of things to do. Will get to them as soon as I've finished my gingerbread cookies...

10 comments:

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Hi! I just finished reading Harlot's post, and it seems everyone is all about the gingerbread today! Yup. I think I am inspired!! I should be about to make a batch or two while the bread is rising. I love fresh bread and so does everyone in my family, which is why 4 loaves only last a couple days!
Put me in again for your draw please! And thank you!

Dorothy said...

Sock yarn, it's my passion. I love the stuff.
Hope I'm lucky :)
Dorothy from NS

carrice said...

I had a gingerbread baking party last weekend. Can you believe there are ladies out there that have never made gingerbread before?

Nice sock yarn. and with that direct connection from Germany... i'm looking forward to be entered into the draw.

Linda said...

Thank you so much!

I just baked 5 dozen sugar cookies for a nonprofit parent stress center that I volunteer for. I ended up in the cookie decorating room at the party and the kids had a blast. I'm glad I signed up to go! Cookie making/decorating always helps it feel like a holiday to me.

Alison said...

When you gave me some of that straight-from-Germany yarn, I translated extra strapazierfahig (using the internets of course, since I speak no German!) as extra-strainable. Meaning it can take extra strain? Would that be the same as stretchy? That would make sense...

BTW, you're waaaay ahead of us, we have no tree, and the only clean part of the house is the kitchen and the bathroom! And the in-laws are coming on Thursday!

Oh, and are you going to be at KOL tomorrow? Cause I'll try to remember the dye pot if you are!

ikkinlala said...

I haven't made gingerbread (and don't plan to this year), but I baked spice cookies yesterday. We're not even close to ready here, though.

Mom_of_Faith said...

I just have to say that you have the coolest stash! Love all of these yarns.

lulubelle said...

Oooh...pretty sock yarn! Count me in for the draw!

I haven't baked a blessed thing this year, and ya know what? I don't think I'm gonna. Unless my kids get antsy for it. Sigh.

Jamie said...

Oh man, I wish I knew how to make gingerbread! I think we may have to whip up some sugar cookies to decorate instead!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous sock yarn!