Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 9th

Wow, time is just flying by...I don't know about you all, but I'm starting to get a little worried about making my deadlines for the holidays. (I have to get packages into the mail for overseas.) And only 16 days left until Christmas! Mr. Munchkin is very excited about the holidays and the impending stampede of visitors. He has an AWESOME advent calendar this year, courtesy of my MIL - it's a Lego advent calendar! Everyday, he gets a little bag of Lego doodads - yesterday, it was a little lego dude with a skateboard.

At the moment, I'm working on a last minute gift for a dear friend - he's very worthy of something knitted. I'm making a pair of Dashing out of some 100 pure wool - it was one lonely ball, so I was wracking my head as to what to do with it. Yarn Harlot to the rescue (as usual around this time of year).

Onto the giveaways! Yesterday's winner was ikkinlala. Congratulations!

Today's giveaway:


Two balls of Jojoland sock yarn! Good luck everyone. See you tomorrow, same battime, same batcave.

9 comments:

Mom_of_Faith said...

I had never heard of the Lego Advent Calendar. What child wouldn't go batty for that?! Super neat!

We're throwing together some last minute gifts as well. Ah yes, holiday stress... gotta love it!

carrice said...

Now I feel kind of ripped off with my Winnie the Pooh chocolate advent! the lego one sounds way more fun.

I'm sending out my Christmas knits in tomorrow's mail... praying the Canada Post doesn't lose anything more of mine. Already lost a pair of fetching last year!

Nice sock yarn.

Jamie said...

A lego advent calendar??? GENIUS!
Sock wool?? Also genius!

ikkinlala said...

Yay! What a great way to start the holidays! (I wrote my last exam last night.)

I have no overseas packages to send, but I'm still wondering whether I'll get things done in time. My plan is to bake for the next two weeks.

Alison said...

Wow. Our Playmobil advent calendar is cool. But your Lego calendar is cool too! Maybe next year we can switch things up and get a Lego one! for The Boy. 16 days until Christmas--I think you've probably already missed your overseas shipping deadlines--oh yeah, they were recommending November 26th over at Canada Post for international air mail. Me, I let my international recipients know that I have taken personal responsibility to ensure that they enjoy a second Christmas in January or, one memorable year, in February.

yvonne said...

My dh has been eying those lego advent calenders for the past few years. I told him we could get one next year when the boys are a bit older. For now, we just do a sticker one.

Linda said...

lego advent-cool!

Tracy said...

My two older boys live and die for legos. They have been drooling over that calender for months now!!!

Kerry & Ronan said...

My son had a lego advent calender last year, he loved it!! He was a bit upset when Christmas came and he hadn't found the huge house that was on the picture though, lol!