Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December 4th

Well, I've figured out why all of my knitted projects are stalling...it's 'cause between me and the boy, we seem to lose all of his knitted woolies! We were in the mall last night, picking up a few things...and I lost his hat. >_< So guess what I'm working on today? *sigh* Good thing that we got walloped with a snowstorm yesterday, and the snow is falling fast and thick today too - lots of knitting time, methinks.

So, yesterday's winner was Jaichan! I found this nifty little Excel trick yesterday to help me generate random numbers - it's working well, so far as I can tell.

Today's giveaway is:


More sock yarn! This time, it's some of Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino Dream. Gorgeous stuff...this one is hard for me to let go of.

14 comments:

AmyJ said...

That's gorgeous yarn! We had just a dusting of snow today - enough to get the crazy out of state truckers in trouble... 2 semis jack-knifed, backing up I-75 and forcing people to be rerouted. *sigh*

Mom_of_Faith said...

That really is gorgeous yarn! We've only got a dusting of snow as well but I can't wait for the heavy snowfalls. Nothing better than crafting inside on a blustery, snowy day!

Tracy said...

Beautiful colors!! Looks so soft!

jkleclerc said...

Well, we can alll be thankful that we don't live in the snow belt in New Brunswick where they got 40 cm and counting.

Remember when you were a kid and snow was fun because you didn't have to go to school? If only that applied to being an adult.

carrice said...

We got snow here too... that heavy, wet stuff. spent an hour shovelling out this morning. Luckily, the snow stopped falling as soon we were done... meaning there shouldn't be anymore to shovel after work.

I've used thsi yarn before... makes lots of socks or a really long set. Hope I win!

canknitian said...

We have definitely had our share of snow. It's milder now, blowing snow PLUS slushy and windy...it won't be pretty when the temperature drops.

Linda said...

That is gorgeous yarn- even better than yesterday!
Our snow is now a layer of thick ice coating everything. Luckily the main roads are cleared fairly nicely, but not the smaller ones.

lulubelle said...

Oh, that's so pretty! Count me in for the draw, I promise to do something good if I win.
BTW, this is a really cool thing you're doing, very good karma you're putting out there.

ikkinlala said...

Pretty yarn!

I hope somebody finds the lost hat and uses it.

Shonnie said...

Pretty colour! I fondle Lucy's Celestial Dream every time I'm at the LYS, but haven't succumbed to it yet!

djmeurer said...

Very pretty yarn

KenderMama said...

I love the idea of your advent give away thing and paying it forward with good deeds! How fun!

Steph said...

Heh heh - you don't know what to do with it either.

Jamie said...

We got crazy snow on the weekend, LOVE IT. It's so nice to curl up with a tea and a blankie. ahhh...

In other news, my baby is ONE today, and I am mostly freaking out!