Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 19th (Holy CRAP!)

Only a week to go, ladies and gentlemen!

So, I'm thinking that I can totally do 3 sets of mittens. Easy peasy and I'll be done like dinner. As mentioned last night at KOL, if things should get too hairy around here with all the relatives...I'm putting myself on bedrest and letting them all sort themselves out by their grown-up selves. Mr. Munchkin can hide out with me if he so chooses.

ETA: Screw it. I'm making my BIL a pair of machine washable socks and the parents-in-laws are getting slippers from Old Navy or somesuch. Neither I nor the babe need the extra and rather unnecessary stress engendered by this weird holiday guilt. So there. And onto a more pleasant topic...

Yesterday's winner is Carrice. Congratulations!

Today's giveaway is:

Good luck everyone. Just as a heads up - since we're headed into the final stretch, I'm letting you know that the giveaway on the 24th is going to be MASSIVE...keep an eye out for it.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you made a wise choice!

Cate said...

Sounds like a good plan for the inlaws. I decided about a month ago now that I was not going to knit for the inlaws this year... and I've stuck to it.
OH and the yarn is beautiful, I love the colour... but if it contains either wool or alpaca, please don't enter me in the draw... if it does not, then I'd love to be included.

ikkinlala said...

It's a good idea to avoid the stress. There's plenty of time to knit for people later if you want to, but Christmas is sneaking up amazingly quickly this year (at least for me it seems to be, anyway).

Dorothy said...

Sent you an email, forgot to tell you my charitable deed.
Handed out some grocery store coupons I wasn't going to use, gave a bag of oranges to an elderly friend who has a cold ... and couldn't afford oranges, and this morning am going skating for 3 hours with the kids from the elementary school.
Merry Christmas!