Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 18th

Had an OB appointment today - all's well with me and the babe. So to celebrate, Mr. Munchkin and I went and did something crazy. We cut his hair. I don't know about you, but wrestling a nearly 5 year old while simultaneously wielding a sharp pair of scissors almost never ends well for me. So, two bald spots later, he's more or less presentable for decent company.

So, I'm thinking about my Christmas list. My family is done, apart from a trip to Best Buy. (They're all getting something knit from me and something techy from Mr. Ninja.) My in-laws are sort of done...and the guilt of having knit just my sister-in-law a pair of socks (and no knits for any other the rest of them) is starting to weigh on me. So, I'm thinking of alternatives.

*Brother-in-law: I can totally knock off a pair of basic men's socks in worsted weight wool by Christmas. Right?
*Mother-in-law: This one's a little harder...maybe a scarf? From Old Navy?
*Father-in-law: Is this too mean? I'm thinking of a pair of pants and a new set of underwear. Click here if you want to understand where this idea is coming from...

On to the free stuff!

Yesterday's winners were Dorothy and Mom_of_Faith! MoF, please email me.

Today's giveaway is some beautiful Corriedale roving. I started to spin it on my drop spindle (please excuse the temporary bobbin), but stopped when I needed the spindle for something else...which has slipped my mind as to exactly what it was. Good luck all!

8 comments:

AmyJ said...

How about a pair of Fuzzy Feet for MIL? They are super quick. I think it took me less than two hours to knit one in Patons SWS. So... four hours total, and then felting time?

Cate said...

Don't enter me in the draw, but I just wanted to say that I'm really glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well. Oh, I won't be at KOL tonight, but thanks for offering me a lesson in pompom making.

Alison said...

Aaahh! You used scissors on Mr Munchkin! I thought you weren't allowed to play with sharp implements? Glad to hear that you both survived well. We have started taking The Boy to the Evil Empire for haircuts (honestly, I don't shop Walmart for anything, but they cut hair fast, are used to screaming kids, and are open on Sundays), and we're in and out in about 7 minutes. Barely long enough to watch Mater and the Ghost Lights on the portable DVD player, and it only costs 10 bucks. Oh, except that my parents now bribe him with chocolate, so there's the added cost of the chocolate!

carrice said...

I had the same debate when it came to my inlaws. I originally said "no Christmas knitting." But that didn't happen and I whipped off 5 gifts. I stopped before knitting the inlaws anything... not sure why... ran out of time before the package had to be put in the mail.

Glad to hear the baby is doing well.
Nice roving... I only have my wheel for another few weeks... hope I win.

Linda said...

Glad everyone is doing well. I'm finishing up last minute projects as well. Uggh! Good Luck!

Tracy said...

I just have to tell you that your DS won't be the only one sporting a less than perfect home down hair cut! My 7 and 4 yr. olds are slated for them tonight.

I LOVE that roving!! Gorgeous!!!

Elisabeth said...

I'm being lame and not knitting anything for the familia for Christmas, though my little sisters keep fondling my Fleece Artist fingerless gloves, and I don't think I'll ever see my Ravenclaw Scarf again. I keep having desperate moments where I wonder if I could knock off some slippers before the 25th. I bet I could...oh dear.

Jamie said...

You know, I've been feeling the lack of knitterly guilt myself... why is it that we feel a need to wrap all of our loved ones in the coziness of our handknits?