Friday, December 21, 2007

December 21st!

Time is flying! Unfortunately for my sis-in-law, much the same cannot be said for her plane from New Zealand. So, she's been delayed until late today - which means that I'm going to be making 4 trips to the airport today. (Mom, Dad, brother & GF, and sis-in-law). Ungh. Anyone know a good recipe for apple pie? I have a feeling that I'm going to need some pie-like fortification soon.

In yarn-like news, I'm currently simmering up a batch of DK weight yarn...experimenting with some kool-aid, a skein wound into a centre-pull ball and a crockpot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yesterday's winner was Tara. Congratulations!

Today's giveaway is a faboo ball of Malabrigo - not the merino, this is wool - in what I think is the Oceanos colourway. I could be wrong, as this has been in my stash ever since Malabrigo started selling in North America...so what, something like 4 years now?

Good luck all...

6 comments:

ikkinlala said...

I hope the airport isn't far away!

Unfortunately, my apple pie "recipe" isn't something I can write out - I just throw things in, and it usually turns out well.

Elisabeth said...

Yikes, I'm sorry for your airport trips, and I hope the luggage all gets through just fine! That's a long flight from NZ!

Jamie said...

I won already, so don't enter me, but I didn't want to stop commenting!

Man, I am so glad we are NOT traveling this time of year!

Unknown said...

I like pie. Pushing Daisies has only made me like it more.

The secret to apple pie is oodles of cinnamon and sugar. That being said, there are few things in this world that aren't improved with a liberal application of cinnamon and sugar.

Tara said...

I pmed you via diaper divas with my info. As for apple pie...

Use an unbaked pie shell.
Fill with cut up granny smith apples make sure to mound the apples a bit because they will sink a bit.
Sprinkle with 2-4 T of sugar or more if you'd like.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Now mix 3/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar together with a fork or pastry cutter.

Sprinkle the strudel mixture over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375 for 45-60 min or until golden brown and apples are soft.

Amanda said...

Sorry you have to make so many trips to the airport, though I am sure it will be well worth it to see your family!