Monday, December 3, 2007

December 3rd...

Yeah, I've run out of clever titles already. If I'm going to be doing this for a whole month, I'm going to need some way to remind me of the who whats and whens of this shebang.

Yesterday's winner - Berrit! Congrats Berrit, hope you enjoy the roving. I'll update the blog with what you write me about your charitable deed when I get it from you.

Today's giveaway:


A skein of Yarn Pirate sock yarn in the colourway Killer Bees. This is superwash merino and promises to make super funky socks...or even a shawl for the more daring. Oh and as an fyi, you can enter every day if you wish - just make sure that I have a way of contacting you (either via email or posting a comment on your blog), as I'm paranoid about that. :)

In home knitting news - the lost mitten has been replaced, I'm starting on another brain slug (this time for our little one...apparently it's going to be a coooooold winter, and a February baby will definitely need a warm hat, eh?), Belle is charging away (this time in Schulana Tweed-Lux), and Eleanor is stuck in limbo for some reason.

For anyone looking for something a little different in terms of holiday music, may I recommend the Butties? I love their take on Joy to the World...and the whole CD is pretty awesome - imagine the Fab Four doing all sorts of Christmas music. It's a nice antidote to the pap that's usually blasting on store sound systems this time of year.

19 comments:

jlmack said...

I love me some funky socks.

I may get to see this weekend! For 15 seconds or so.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I deleted my last comment. It was dorky. Fun idea Deb. :)

*sigh* I miss your stash...

ikkinlala said...

Until your link, I hadn't been paying attention to the weather across the country, but it's definitely looking like winter here.

Please count me in for the draw.

Ali P said...

I just found your Advent Give away on Ravelry and I have to say I really admire what you are doing. Way to go.
You don't have to enter me since you don't actually know me. I'm not trying to score freebies, just wanted to say I think your idea is excellent.

Mom_of_Faith said...

Congrats to Berrit for yesterday's great win. That pirate yarn is pretty cute!

Steph said...

Please, don't put my name on the prize list - but I just have to ask - are you using this Advent give away to make room for the baby?

(I'll do something nice for somebody without the incentive.)

The Ninja Knitter said...

Nope! Not making room for the baby - the stash isn't taking over the house that rapidly... :P Just doing this 'cause I believe in the innate goodness of people, and that kindness has the potential to grow exponentially given the chance.

andreaL said...

Yay for Berrit!! That pirate yarn looks awesome!! Funky socks for my funky kids! LOL!

jkleclerc said...

Do we all have to do something charitable EVERYday? If you ask Fred I am sure he would tell you that dating him is charity enough.

Jamie said...

I love me some socks too!

I also love the pay it forward idea, that's awesome!

Carissa said...

What a great and generous idea!

AmyJ said...

The killer bees colorway is even more awesome in person. It's from the Yarn Pirate Booty Club. Check out some of the pictures of it being knit up into socks at the photo pool on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/yarnbootyclub/

Here's hoping I win so that I can make matching socks for the whole family.

AmyJ

Unknown said...

Ooh, that's gorgeous!

Marti said...

Sorry, can't help but comment on the stuff. You've got awesome stash stuff!

Tracy said...

I am LOVING knitting my first socks right now. I'd love it a lot more if I got to use yummy yarn like that!!! :)

Linda said...

Those would make some funky socks!

carrice said...

A pirate on the label. I simply can't resist.

Worked my first Cape Breton Christmas Daddies yesterday. Can you believe my floow crew came up and hugged me after the event? Genuine appreciation for helping out. I finally feel welcomed to this piece of Nova Scotia!

djmeurer said...

I love your idea. Please enter me today